Sunday, August 24, 2008

Shadow Hulk



I had been complaining about Shadow Hulk being stinky and stupid.

I have changed my mind. I run a 2nd Edition campaign, but all miniatures based. I had no idea what to do with a giant metallic umberhulk...especially since all my "real" umber hulks are the old Ral Partha AD&D 2E ones.

I use the WOTC ones as Vodyanoi. Was looking at the monstrous compendium sheet today for Vodyanoi, which are all freshwater. It said that there are rumors that a salt water version is twice as big & ferocious as the freshwater ones.

I'll just make that three times as big. Now I'm thrilled with this piece...perhaps that makes me fickle, but anything that is a proxy for a 2E monster is terrific in my book...even one that is only mentioned in a single line of another monster's ecology description.

Just thought I'd share.

Peace,

Shandar

1 Comments:

Blogger BB Shockwave said...

I know it's weird, but... you can also say it's a golem sculpted to look like an umber hulk.

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home