Friday, December 19, 2008

Possible Lensman Scratchbuild

A long while back I had someone leave a comment asking about suggestions for a scratchbuilt Lensman.

The Lensman is a Beholderkin that is the lowest rung in Behholder society. They are simian in shape with a single eye between their shoulders and a huge maw in the stomach area. They have two arms and legs with hands and feet that have three claws each, then a prehensile tentacle that comes out of where the neck would be if it were a humanoid.

I picked up a Heroclix White Martian today at a hobby store. Except for the barbed tail, this mini could easily be modified to make a Lensman. All you'd need to do is cut off the head and use green stuff to make the tentacle to replace it.

I am not sure if I will also try to cut and file away the tail, and instead opt for Lensmen in my world to have the tails.

These are in the new Arkham Asylum set, but you can get singles at places like Troll and Toad for 0.49 each.

I'm not going to be able to get a chance to work my sculpting magic on this one until February, but as soon as I do, I will post pictures.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home