Saturday, September 08, 2007

2E Citation Project

I've been working a lot the past few days going through all of my 2nd Edition materials (not finished, but good start) and putting into an Excel Spreadsheet all of the 2nd Edition monsters with stats and then indicating what source material you can find that monster in.

This is useful if you are collecting minis from WOTC or another source and you would like to find out if there are already 2nd Edition stats for that creature instead of taking the time to try and convert from 3E, 3.5E or 4E information.

I'm hoping someone other than myself will find this information useful.

Here is the link to the current info, and I've got it in an html document so anyone can read it. I'll upload to the same URL everytime I update the information. If you find errors, please let me know.

Shandar's 2E Monster Index

The column for "Mini?" is an indicator of whether or not I have a miniature for that particular monster. There may or may not be an official miniature for the monster, but if there is an N there, it means I don't have a figure to represent that creature. Sometimes when there is a Y there it means that I have sculpted, scratchbuilt, or substituted a similar miniature for the official monster because it doen't exist (so far as I know). If you have a mini for one of the monsters I've marked N, and might be tempted to part with it, please contact me. I'd really like one of everything. :)

I'm also compiling a similar document of Named Monsters, and a complete compendium of citations for NPCs in the Forgotten Realms. That is a huge undertaking, and it may overlap some index already out there, but if one exists besides the one I'm doing, I haven't found it yet.

At any rate, enjoy!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really appreciate your work!

Greetings from another 2e fan.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Shandar the Ashen said...

Thanks! Good to know someone else is out there and that the efforts aren't just for me.

I'll try to find some time to do a little more indexing this month.

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home