Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Desperate to buy these items....

Well, I'm working on my Faiths and Avatars shelf and kicking myself over and over again for deciding not to buy these boxed sets when they came out. I remember going to the hobby store daily on my lunch breaks in Iowa City and holding each of them in my hands and deciding they were too expensive...and now I'd pay several times what the shelf price was back in 1991 for them.

If you have any of these Ral Partha Planescape boxed sets, please let me know if you put them up on eBay. And please don't put them up with a PayPal only designation. I stopped using PayPal when eBay bought the company and started imposing their Safe Harbor rules on every transaction whether it was on eBay or not. I won't go back to PayPal even to buy these boxed sets...but you'll get your money order within a few days of the auction ending.





It drives me nuts that WOTC has all these products dealing with their various pantheons and their mythoi specific priesthoods in their various campaign worlds and they don't regularly include at least one Avatar and one mythoi specific priest in each set.

Nothing would make me happier than to have a company like Reaper take the descriptions and make the avatars but call them something else, or do a special series of 72mm miniatures that could easily be used for the avatars. How about a 72mm bald dwarf with two axes called Bangitin? Nobody could sue you for that and WOTC doesn't seem interested in making them because there's no place on a battle mat for a god's avatar.

I love that the miniatures game is getting a larger number of minis in my collection than there would be without it, but I hate that "collectibility" makes building up armies so much more expensive than the miniature is actually worth. I also hate that what works great for an RP module seldom fits in the warband structure the miniatures game demands.

I hate hate hate that WOTC made Ral Partha destroy the molds and all the unsold stock when they terminated the official relationship with them, and hate even more that they aren't at least trying to make a mini for each of the Ral Partha miniatures they made sure nobody could get their hands on anymore.

Ok, I'm done ranting now, so please, if you have these Planescape minis sitting around in your basement...please consider helping them gate into my basement.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger BB Shockwave said...

If you still need these sets, I believe at least two of these are for purchase in a store I visit frequently in Hungary, along with a Dragonlance set, and at least two sets of forgotten realms deities (Lolth, Kord, Gorellik,Garl Glittergold, Moradin, the like). I'd have bought them myself but I just suck at painting minis.

They are not cheap, though. I think around 40 or 60$ for each set.I have to look up their site.

5:59 AM  
Blogger BB Shockwave said...

OK, silly me... I thought these were specific Planescape sets. Yeah, the store definetly had all these three sets pictured, and some Planescape set too with the Lady of Pain and others in it. Well, they had it last time I checked. D&D community, especially the older fans is small here, so they should still have them.

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home