Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The New Dungeon (2)

I mentioned earlier that my wife and I just bought a new house, and I'm going to have a lot of space for a new D&D playing area down there. The photo here shows the desk I've set up in the laundry room. The previous owners had a stove there, but this is going to be a perfect sculpting and painting station for me. The oven hood with light that was left by the previous owners is going to be excellent lighting for painting. The little cupboard above will be nice for storing materials. On the desk, against the wall, will be my two Reaper wall racks for the master series paints I've got.

To the left, you can see into the room where the game table will be set up. It took some mental gymnastics to figure out the best orientation for the 4x8 table and so forth, but I've got a plan now and it will be glorious.

I've got to get that horrible flowered wallpaper covered. I bought some discontinued rolls of stone-look wallpaper from Lowe's and I'll be putting that up in there. I'll also need to hang some flourescent lights above the table because the room is very dark with the single incandescent bulb in there now.

Inside the room there is a walk-in closet that I painted and hung additional shelves to turn into the storage room for all my miniatures. They are arranged in alphabetical order.

I still have a little more rearranging to do.

Instead of the bookshelf at the end of the hall, I've already hung a 7x3 sheet of peg board to hang unopened miniature blisters.

That will be a far more convenient way to store unpainted metal minis until I can get to painting them than the current system I've been using--giant boxes underfoot on the floor.

It will also make it easier for my players to look at possible PC figures they might want to use. Nobody buys their own minis in my campaign, unfortunately. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home