Sunday, December 21, 2008

Stained Glass Golem

Among the many monsters from AD&D that I've long wanted a mini of, there shines brightly the stained glass golem. I've thought about ways I could make one, but recently discovered that there is this miniature from the Dreamblade line.

Night Fusion * Stained-Glass Angel * 9/60 Rare

It is very difficult to find, and extremely expensive, though I did manage to find this one on eBay for under $20 including shipping. Most of the other places wanted two and even three times that.

Anyway, the roster of monsters for which I have minis is growing!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Brian Kelly said...

Nice! I've always wanted to do an encounter with two stained-glass golems protecting an altar in a forgotten cult church or something. Those would be excellent!

Also, I love the post about your D&D room. Some very cool ideas in there, particularly the chart for tracking time.

-brian
http://www.ddmdb.com/

4:27 PM  
Blogger Shandar the Ashen said...

Thanks, man!

I am really hoping that once my trip to the in-law's in North Dakota is over, and I get back from a trip to London in January, I can really get going on the new D&D room in the new house. It will be 1000% improved.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Brian Kelly said...

You might be interested in an idea of mine that I haven't gotten around to actually implementing yet:
http://www.spilth.org/?p=1254

5:31 PM  
Blogger Shandar the Ashen said...

Hey, http://www.spilth.org/?p=1254 is pretty nice!

I'd always be terrified that somebody would break the glass by leaning on it, though. Also, my players often bang the table with their fists when they are frustrated with how things are going in the game...also dangerous with the glass, but in principle (and if you have principled players) the idea is pretty nifty. You could also use the glass for aerial battles or levels.

I also liked your database, which I noticed from your post on Hordelings. Great to e-meet you!

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home