Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Classic Miniatures

I've spent the last couple of days getting to know Michael at Classic Miniatures. I found him because I lost a bid on an old mini of Asmodeus on eBay. I wrote to him and said that I really wanted one of those for my collection, as well as any other minis which closely resembled the original TSR artwork.

I found a kindred spirit, and am linking to his website. He's dedicated to obtaining old original figs, molds, etc and resurrecting classic minis that have been long out of print.

He's also aquainted with a lot of sculptors and the people who own the original lines, which means he's in a position to pester people to rescupt or make new variations on old minis we love.

Feel free in the comments section to post your wish lists of fondly remembered minis or TSR based artwork that never made it into lead. You never know, you might just be able to be the little bird that whispers in the ear that can make it happen.

I'm also working my way backwards through the complied monster stats I have, creating my own 2nd Edition Monstrous Compendium with photos of my minis as illustrations. I'm doing it in Publisher 2000. I haven't decided if I'll put it all up online or not, or make it available by request....I don't want to infringe on any copyrights and trademarks, but then, nobody is making 2nd edition stuff so it isn't really going to cause any damages. Regardless, however I make it available it will be for free for that reason.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home