Sunday, February 18, 2007

Painting Essentials 101

I've been crazy busy with Real Life intrusions on my gaming activities recently, so I haven't been able to post much.

I would like to let people know, though, that Reaper just put up a really useful article on getting set up to paint miniatures. I really recommend checking it out:

http://reapermini.com/TheCraft/32

I am definitely going to Reaper Con this year, by hook or by crook. Maybe I'll do blog reports from down there when I go. I've also invited my friend Matt Clark from Reaper to come up here sometime and give me pointers in my basement on painting and we'll post some of that activity too.

I really look forward to when all the IRL stuff cools down a bit, sometime after April 28th, and I can get back to stuff that really matters.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Duke of Arkansas said...

Not a comment on your current post, but an older one. Can you tell me if your Nalfeshnee (Type IV Demon) figure came with wings, or was it a conversion? I had thought that the figure originally came without wings even though the original MM did depict the Nalfeshnee with them. Thanks!

11:41 PM  
Blogger Shandar the Ashen said...

It came with the wings, though I did not buy it new, I bought it from someone who had built and painted it already.

I do know that it came with the wings, though. They are batwings, if I'd converted it I probably would have used feathered wings so that it more closely resembled the artwork in the 1st Ed. MM. Incidentally, this fact makes the Reaper Mini "Boar Demon" more accurate as a representation of a Nalfeshnee.

These figures, as I understand it, are pretty rare as they do often lose their wings and break at the very thin ankles.

Thanks for posting a comment--nice to know that someone out there is reading this besides myself.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home