Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Lazarus Rising

Since I got back from Reapercon, I've been down with a horrible sinus infection. I went in to the doctor on Friday with a mild cough that I wanted to make sure didn't progress to pneumonia or bronchitis...having been down that road before, I thought an ounce of prevention and all that.

He told me the cough was from irritation due to draining sinuses, and that I was more congested than he'd seen in a long time. He put me on Musinex and antibiotics and a prescription cough syrup and immediately upon taking these medications, my mild but irritating cough turned into me being sicker than I've been since the pneumonia incident.

Today is the first day (after a night spent in fervent prayer for release from this trial) that I feel about as well as I did when I went into the doctor's. Maybe a little better.

I've asked my players if they want to get together this Saturday for a session, since due to my schedule I may not be able to play again until end of July. The break in the sinus dam couldn't have happened any sooner, because if they say yes it will mean massive cleaning of the dungeon room and prepping (since they left the module when last we played).

As part of that, I've set my figure photography studio back and up and am doing inventory in my Monstrous Manuals as I go. I also went out and bought a cheap ($20) bookshelf yesterday and shifted my book and box set collection to it, opening up several more shelves for miniatures. I'll need it when the Reaper minis I've put on my wish list and the new Night Below set come.

I also shifted all the dwarves, elves, gnomes, halflings, and half-orcs from their spaces in among the "monsters" to the shelf dedicated to potential minis for PCs. This also opened up a lot of room.

Anyway...feeling better, and looking forward to playing again...someday.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home