Sunday, July 15, 2007

Night Below

This summer has been extraordinarily busy for me, and I haven't been able to play as much as I'd like, nor have I had the ability to pre-order my normal 3 cases of the new figs. Maybe next month....

But, today, unable to keep my plastic jones in control, I went out and paid full retail for 6 booster packs. A more complete review to follow, but for the most part I was much more pleased than I was with Unhallowed. The paint jobs were very good on all the minis, and other than the defender of Mithril Hall, everything seems to be in a more accurate scale...if anything, they overcompensated and went nearer to 25mm than 28. The gnoll claw fighter looks tiny compared to the gnolls of that last few sets, but I am NOT complaining about things being too small. These are very nicely scaled in the sets I've opened so far. That dwarf from Mithril Hall was not painted well at all, his beard being mostly flesh colored and of massive enough size that I'm going to do a little repainting and use him for an avatar of one of the dwarven gods. Problem solved.

The Darkmantle is excellent, much nicer looking than the images on the website made it look, and I was pleased as punch to get both a Babau and Large Gold Dragon in the first 6 booster packs bought.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with 36 kobold trap makers though...which at the rate of one per box which seems to be the average, I will have by the time I have my three cases. It seems so dumb to have a mini doing such a specific action be a common instead of a unique...remember the army of cloned tavern brawlers you had?

Anyway, this set looks pretty good, and so I'm happy with WOTC again.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger John Phillips said...


DO YOU WISH TO BE A VAMPIRE OR YOU WANT POWERS AND PROTECTION COME AND BE AMONG THE VAMPIRES KINGDOM TODAY AND YOU GET WHAT EVER YOU DESIRE CONTACT LORD SHAKA AT ( lordshakavampirekingdom@gmail.com )
Being a vampire has certain limitations, but it can also be a ton of fun. Your extra strengths and abilities can make you successful in almost every endeavor you participate in and before you know it the money and acquaintances will come streaming in. You can build wealth and gain prestige and notoriety and attempt things you may never have even considered as a human. One thing you will definitely have more of is time. Beef up your education and learn all you ever wanted to. Travel the world to see things most people only ever see on TV This is going to be especially fun if you turned to share your life with one of us. Let us show you the wonders of the world. Learn new languages, go skydiving or scuba dive with sharks, visit the African safari. You no longer need to be scared of nature or wildlife you will have become the worlds strongest predator. Have fun with it and your life as a vampire can be more fulfilling than you ever dreamed. Explore, experiment, experience and get excited. There’s a big world out there with lots to see and do and as a vampire, you can do it all, if willing and ever ready to be a full blooded vampire with powers and mighty great skills then these is the opportunity for you to get transformed and turned into a vampire, contact the mighty Lord Shaka and also he is a vampire lord, find him on his email and lay your request and heart wishes to him, trust me you will find him on;( lordshakavampirekingdom@gmail.com ).

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home