Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Staloungue


If you read my post from the other day, you know that I'd been trying to locate the TSR 2nd Edition Rouges Gallery sheet for a 9th Level Wizardess named Staloungue. I have been rearranging the D&D room and putting out all the figures I use for personalities in my campaign on a shelf in alphabetical order for easier finding. As I do so, I'm entering the character sheets and image of the mini into a Hall of Heroes I'm doing in Publisher 2000. Here is the mini I use for Staloungue. I think it is a good match from the description given on the sheet.

I don't want to violate any copyright laws, so I won't reprint the sheet here, but she is described as carrying around a wand of beguiling and having "huge volumes of cascading hair that sometimes seems to form a diaphanous cloud around her head."

The mini is from the Grenadier Dragon series where each dragon came with a human female. This one is from 9612 Spectral Dragon, Grenadier's wingless Tiamat. I don't actually have that Tiamat, but I wish I did. I think my friend Matt Clark bought the dragon and had no use for the female figure, so he either traded or sold it to me...or maybe just gave it outright. I don't think I stole it. So, that makes this figure at least a couple decades old. She used to have a pretty nice gold leotard painted on, like a magical Mandrell Sister, but it has chipped a bit over the years. I just hope that this isn't one of the many many minis that Matt melted down once he started working for Reaper. Kills me that he does that.

Here is an image of the actual set it came from:

I don't know where I got this image from, and if it is a violation of copyright to post it, none was intended, it was for illustrative purposes only. If you want credit or to have it removed, just post a comment and I'll take care of it right away. I think it was probably taken from Stuff of Legends.

Anyway, Staloungue is now where she belongs with a fully fledged character sheet scanned and saved.

I know a lot of people hate the Rogues Gallery 2E (TSR 9380), but I found it to be pretty useful. If I had people who were interested in playing with my campaign group I'd invite them to come to a sesson in progress and give them one of thes sheets from the set to play. It had stats and just enough character info to get them going. With a ready made character they could make an NPC come to life much better than I could while running all the monsters, and both my regular players and the potential new one got to find out if their playing styles were compatible without having invested an entire evening rolling up a character, outfitting it, and coming up with a detailed thematically appropriate backstory.

If it all worked out, then the new player was invited to create their own original character and join the fray. If it didn't, then I had a very nicely fleshed out NPC to help populate my world.

Hrulgin Beefbone was the best one of these experiments. Maybe I'll post him next time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home