Tuesday, December 26, 2006

New Monster: The Catile

I'm never going to post stat sheets for existing monsters, but I thought it might be fun to share some of the original monsters I've created for my 2E game from figures that didn't have corresponding TSR or WOTC references. This miniature is stamped Ral Partha 1983.

Catile
CLIMATE/TERRAIN:
Jungles, tropical forests, swamps
FREQUENCY: Uncommon
ORGANIZATION: Solitary
ACTIVITY CYCLE: Any
DIET: Carnivore
INTELLIGENCE: Low (5-7)
TREASURE: F
ALIGNMENT: Neutral Evil
NO. APPEARING: 1-4 (1)
ARMOR CLASS: 6
MOVEMENT: 12
HIT DICE: 12
THAC0: 9
NO. OF ATTACKS: 3
DAMAGE/ATTACK: 1d4/1d4/1d6
SPECIAL ATTACKS: See below
SPECIAL DEFENSES: Chameleon ability
MAGIC RESISTANCE: Nil
SIZE: L
MORALE: Steady (12)
XP VALUE: 3,000

The catile is a horrific combination of snake-like reptile and great cat. The feline portions of the beast are covered in a strange blue-green fur while the reptilian portion of its body possesses the ability to take on the coloration of the flora in which it hides, similar to a chameleon. This renders the creature effectively invisible when hiding. When so concealed, the creature surprises victims automatically, adding + 3 to its attack roll for the initial surprise attack.

I never got much more detailed than that back in the 80's. If I end up running this monster in my new campaign I might flesh it out a bit more and do a detailed MC page for it. If anyone out there would like to come up with the Monstrous Compendium page info for me, just post it in the comments and if I like it, I'll use it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger EverForward said...

Pretty sure this is an Elfquest miniature for "Madcoil".

I kinda hate that I know that.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home