Thursday, November 02, 2006

Lost Minis I'd Like To Obtain

Most of these images came from Stuff of Legend, simply the best resource for identifying minis from the golden years of miniatures. If they belong to someone and you want them taken down, let me know.

If you know where I can get any of these minis, please contact me. I'd really like to have them in my collection.



This is Monster Manuscript Volume R-S (Grenadier 1509). I'm mostly interested in the Roper they have listed as Stone Tangler MM 79. Although the Rust Beast and Shadow would be nice too. For some reason I have the Satyr (MM 75) in my collection but none of the others. In my campaign world I incorporate female satyrs, but they are very rare. I have to include them, I have figures for them, so I know they exist. In my world only a union of a male and female satyr can produce a female satyr, about 25% of the time. Children of mated pairs of satyrs are bigger and stronger than those of mixed heritage. (Accounting for the size difference between 25mm and 28 or 30mm figures.) Male satyrs who mate with dryads create only male stayrs or dryads. Dryads or satyrs of either sex who mate with other species produce no offspring.

I am always interested in getting more Shrieker Fungus miniatures, which were originally in the Grenadier set 5004 Tomb of Spells. This set also had the classic ettin, mind flayer, larva, and giant spider. I use the cockatrice from this set, and the wight. All the above minis are fairly accurate representations of the original TSR artwork, or maybe the artwork was based on the minis, I don't know. The rest of the set, especially the skeletons and ghost with rope belt are nothing to write home about. I wish someone would do a mold of the Shrieker Fungus and crank out a bag of plastic versions of this so you could have a forest of them. Same with the other large mushroom species from various sets.

I have never actually seen this miniature, so of course I'm desperate to get one. It is TSR 5801 Queequeg.

If you have any of these, or know where I might find them, please let me know. I'll post some more of my wants list in coming weeks, including images from old TSR books of minis I wish someone would make. (hint hint Reaper and WOTC)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Shandar the Ashen said...

I found a store that sells the Queequeg, and several other lost minis from days gone by.

http://www.dragonstrove.com

10:57 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Very impressive. Nice to see someone else who knew D&D in the good old days.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home